You have proven to be great at running your business, but when it comes to security it’s invaluable to get the perspective of an outsider who is an expert in the field. An unbiased objective view cannot be carried out by a business owner or an employee and that’s where we come in.
Every entity, no matter how big or small, can benefit from an independent review of its internal and external security controls. Often one becomes sidetracked with external security controls and may overlook the internal threats from employees, contractors and visitors.
Every security program should consist of the following components:
- Written Policies & Procedures
- Technology & Hardware (Access Control, CCTV, Physical barriers, Intrusion Alarms etc)
- Manpower (Trained employees and an effective, correctly allocated Guard Force)
If we consider each of the above items individually, they will provide a measure of security, however if we weave all 3 into a comprehensive program, the individual parts complement each other to create an effect that is greater than the sum of its parts. This is synergistic effect and the very reason why it’s important to engage a consultant to make sure that your solutions are not one dimensional and focused on technology only.
As consultants we will do the following in order to give you the best solution in the most cost effective manner:
- Understand the organisation and identify assets. Your assets include your people, property, core business and information. We want to get to know them so we can specify a solution that will encompass all aspects of your business.
- Specify risks/vulnerabilities. We are going to identify points of weakness and then take into account your past security incidents, the local environment, norms in the same industry and the intrinsic value of your assets.
- Establish probability and or the impact of an incident. We will make clear the likelihood and consequence of negative events taking place so that you have a solid reason on which to base your security spend. The impact of an event may be financial or psychological.
- Develop ways to mitigate risks. Different avenues are pursued to either prevent or mitigate losses through physical and procedural process and technology. Risk avoidance and transferral techniques such as outsourcing and insurance may also be used.
- Examine the feasibility of implementation. Now we make sure that the options developed can be implemented without seriously affecting or interfering with the operation and profitability of the organisation.
Our consulting projects are approached using an hourly rate as opposed to a % of project value so that we remain unbiased and affordable. Call us today to see how you can benefit from having a consultant assist you with your security program.