Access Control is designed to protect your assets (physical and information) and personnel. It encompasses the control of access to a facility as a whole, as well as movement of employees and visitors within the entity.
Every organisation needs to protect against the potential intruder as well as the internal thief as studies have shown that the most costly and prevalent form of theft in a business is internal theft and misappropriation of assets.
Each building or entity is unique and has its own makeup of visitors, clients, employees and contractors. When we couple this with the flow of traffic created by those individuals it is vital that we examine and analyse the organisation in detail so that an effective access program can be developed.
A complete access control system should achieve the following:
- Only allow authorised people and vehicles to enter or exit
- Detect and prevent the unauthorised removal of assets
- Detect and prevent prohibited items from entering the facility
- Process alerts and exceptions in order to facilitate the appropriate response
When you are looking to buy an access control system we will help you consider the following so that we get the perfect fit for your requirements:
- What type of credential is required to grant access? Will it be:
- Something you carry like an access card or credential installed on your phone
- Something you know like a PIN code
- Something you possess like a biometric feature such as fingerprint, hand geometry, facial recognition or iris and retinal patterns
- Something more secure using two of the methods above in conjunction with one another
- What throughputs are required at each secure point?
- Will the system be integrated with other systems such as elevators/lifts, intrusion alarms and CCTV?
- Does the installation comply with fire and emergency codes?
While we want to secure ourselves to the best of our ability we need to make sure we don’t create a prison, unless of course it’s necessary!
Make sure you consider these two points:
- Consider and incorporate the image of the entity and what culture it has created over time.
- What negative impact could there be on day to day operations by putting stricter controls in place?
Fortunately we can assist you in making these important decisions and then implement them for you. Let’s Chat
Access Control System Cost per Door
Access control prices vary based on the site layout and client requirements, however the following general guidelines will help you understand access control system costs.
* Note that access control clients will qualify for a free 1 day on site security survey and recommendations for their entire security program. Minimum spend applies.
|Card based access control with management software and 5 year swop out guarantee including installation||R10500 / door|
|Card based wireless door locks with management software and 5 year swop out guarantee including installation||R8500 / door|
|Biometric Fingerprint Access Control with management software and Time and Attendance capabilities including installation||R14000 / door|